“Visualise your users and how they will use and interact with your website or application. Remember a good design is simple, minimal and is clear.
The flow process is often timely, however, if executed correctly will pay dividends in the long term success of your website or application”.
Functional & User Experience Design (UX)
User experience design (UXD or UED) is the process of enhancing customer satisfaction and loyalty by improving the usability, ease of use, and pleasure provided in the interaction between the customer and the product.
To gain insight into how your product will be used we have to gain knowledge, this is often split as follows:
Strategy and content
- Competitor Analysis
- Customer Analysis
- Understanding Product Manager brief & User Stories
- Product Structure & Strategy
Wireframing & (Rapid) Prototyping
- A/B Testing & Iteration Design
- Product Development Planning
- Execution and Analytics
- Product Management with development team and UI designer
- Analysis and User feedback iteration
So to summarise, User Experience Design is a non-digital (cognitive science) practice, but used and defined predominantly by digital user experience and behaviour.
User Interface Design (UI)
User Interface design is the graphical element that allows user actions to interact with product functions.
UI design is crucial to any digital interface and for customers it is a key element to trusting a brand. While the brand itself is never solely the responsibility of UI design, its translation to the product is.
Core elements for UI can be summarised as follows:
- Customer analysis as detailed via the UX customer analysis
- Design Research
- Branding and Style Guide Management
- User Guides/Story
- Interaction and best practices
- UI Prototyping
- Developer interaction for implementation